Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quotes to Ponder

I'm preparing for surgery in a couple of weeks and in the meantime the tummy flu is making its way through our family. Since I haven't been posting too often and probably won't be posting a lot over the next couple of months (surgery and recovery) here are a couple quotes I've run across the last few days that I wanted to share as encouragement and edification...

"For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation."
- D. Elton Trueblood, (20th Century American Quaker and theologian)

2 comments:

Maureen Hayes said...

Jenni,

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the best with your upcoming surgery and recovery. Please be assured of my prayers and well wishes during this time. I know you won't feel up to writing, so I will look for a post when you feel up to it.

The quotes were great, thanks for sharing them. I love quotes and have been meaning to do a post with just quotes I love.

Gentle hugs,
Maureen
http://beingchroicallyillisapill.blogspot.com

Jo Franz said...

Jenni,

Thanks so much for your quotes, what truths they contain! May God be very close to you during the surgery and your recovery be short.

A believer who care,
Jo
http://jofranz.blogspot.com/