Friday, December 14, 2012

Coping With Tradgy

In light today's (and other recent) shootings, I have no words. I direct you to a prayer, posted today by Max Lucado, saying (in very small part),
Herod went on a rampage, killing babies. Joseph took you and your mom into Egypt. You were an immigrant before you were a Nazarene.
Oh, Lord Jesus, you entered the dark world of your day. Won't you enter ours? We are weary of bloodshed. We, like the wise men, are looking for a star. We, like the shepherds, are kneeling at a manger. 
Read this Christmas Prayer in full at www.huffingtonpost.com/max-lucado/a-christmas-prayer_2_b_2302548.html .

More resources offered here.

And taken from Facebook (I wish I knew where to credit to creator of this image, though I got it off the HSLDA FB page), this pretty well sums up what I'm feeling right now:

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18

No comments: