Tuesday, May 17, 2016

God's Timing

Five years ago today, I posted to Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/NavPressPublishing is asking, "What NavPress author, current or past, would you like to see more books or Bible studies from?" I'm currently working on a study on the Fruit of the Spirit I hope to pitch to them early next year, followed by a Hannah's Hope style encouragement guide on living with chronic pain/illness based on the life of Paul.



I posted this several months before my strokes. A week before I stroked, God showed me a beautiful way to merge my fruit of the Spirit work with another project I had on the back-burner, based on Psalm 126, to become my Harvesting Hope from Heartache [facebook page link] manuscript. Over 4 1/2 years later I'm STILL not finished nor ready to present it to a publisher, but absolutely not giving up either. Didn't account for 6 strokes and ongoing brain recovery in that "next year" plan!


13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
- James 4


No comments: