Monday, April 20, 2009

Be a Blessing

Though there are days when living with a chronic illness is very lonely, I am amazed when I look back and count my blessings and think of all the ways God has provided encouragement in the midst of my frustrations. He's used willing people to bless me more times than I can count, sometimes through big things, but often just through simple acts of kindness, like a phone call or card or even a hug.

Since I know many readers of this blog are struggling with infertility or the death of a child and the article shared many specific examples from parenthood, it fit better over at my InfertilityMom blog, but if you are looking for ideas and longing to be a blessing to someone else, check out my latest thoughts on Helping a Friend with Chronic Illness.

Father in Heaven, thank you for the many friends who have very personally and practically blessed me in the midst of chronic illness. They have been your hands and feet and I am reminded through them that you care as well.

No comments: