Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just in Case You Wonder...

Yes, I have bad days too! I know it can be overwhelming sometimes to read messages of exhortation like the one I just wrote on thorns, because it is easy to feel like, "Is this author for real?"

Let me assure you, yes, I get it. No, I don't go around jumping up and down every minute (not that I can jump much anyway!) saying, "Praise the Lord, I feel so sick today!" I'm physically not doing well at all right now, and while I try to keep God's purpose in the forefront of my mind, like it was the day I wrote the thorns message, I have very down days too, where the unrelenting physical attack wears away at the spirit and the emotions as well.

I'm not saying this to try to get sympathy, just to let you know that while this blog is about Harvesting Hope from Heartache, I understand that some seasons are much harder to "harvest" in than others. If that's where you are right now, please know you are in my prayers and take with you this {{{gentle hug}}}.

2 comments:

Sophy Nextdoor said...

Thinking of you today, and praying that something makes you jump (mentally!) for joy!

Heather L said...

OUCH! I have only broken one bone in my life. That was a toe the night before prom. I remember stuffing my toe in the high heels and not telling my father until the day after prom. I will pray that you heal quickly and with out the need extensive medical intervention.

God bless
Heather L