Wednesday, August 19, 2009

September Highlights

I'm very excited about the posts coming to Hope Harvesters™ over the next month! Soon I'll be sharing an article on Coping with Crisis on top of Chronic, offering ideas on dealing with the highs and lows of life while living with illness. This will be a little preview of the radio conversation I'll be having as a guest of Lisa Copen on Sept. 15 as part of the 20-speaker Virtual Conference for National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week. You will also get to know a little more about Lisa and NICIAW here when I interview Lisa next Tuesday and can get a feel for what this conference will be all about by reading this short poem, You Don't Look Sick.
---
Edited to add Sept. 15 radio interview link :)

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week, Sept. 14-20, 2009

In addition to our focus on surviving and thriving through illness, I am thrilled to be able to be a part of a special new movement called (In)Courage. (In)Courage is described as being "a bit like a beach house where you can put your sandy, dirty feet on the coffee table, help yourself to whatever's in the fridge, laugh late into the night with friends, and hear God's voice more clearly than perhaps anywhere else." It's a group of women coming together to share our messy, broken, imperfect lives as we strive together to offer all we are to the glory of God.



(In)Courage launched earlier this month and had about 20,000 visitors in their very first week of posts on the topic of "courage". Next month's theme of "hope" is near and dear to my heart and I look forward not only to sharing my own reflections about Hope in the Shadows on Sept. 19, but am eager to soak in all the wisdom from other real and godly women who will be guest blogging on the topic all month long.

1 comment:

Nikole Hahn said...

Keep me posted on (in)courage. I would like more information. It sounds very interesting and so like a group I would like to be a part of. However, September 19 is when my Friendship Tea is happening.